Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup canned tomato, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄3 cups pinto beans, cooked,drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups black beans, cooked,drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups chickpeas, cooked,drained
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute 2 cloves garlic for 1 minute.
- Add the red and green peppers, and zucchini and saute, stirring occasionally for 4 minutes, or until tender.
- Add 3/4 c.
- of the crushed tomatoes, salt, and black pepper, and cook uncovered 3 minutes longer.
- Place the pinto beans, black beans, chickpeas, remaining garlic and tomatoes in food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Spoon the puree into a lightly greased 9" pie plan.
- Top with the skillet mixture.
- Then spoon the mashed potatoes on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with paprika if desired.