Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another family favorite recipe by my mother. My husband LOVES this receipe for dinner and easy reheating left overs too. It's genuinely healthy and easy to make!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato sauce or 1 -2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans green beans
- 4 -5 large potatoes (peeled)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any kind)
- Slice up potatoes and boil until you can mash them (you can use instant, but the "real ones" taste better). Drain and mash, season according to taste. We always added ranch dressing, buttermilk and butter to ours. But to each their own!
- Set aside.
- Brown hamburger, salt and pepper to taste. Drain excess fat and add onion and tomato sauce (or ketchup), mixing well.
- Heat green beans (I've found a little summer savory spice is a good addition to the green beans, but a little salt works just as well). Drain after heating.
- Layer a 3 quart pan with beef first, then green beans, then mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheese evenly over the top, adding more or less, according to your preference.
- Bake @ 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and everything is heated all the way through.
I made this for my family last night and they all LOVED it!! I didn't have green beans so I added sweet canned corn, I also added fresh onion and pepper flakes. Added a sweet and zesty taste. YUMM-O.