Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
It is a yummy easy good meal for the whole family!
- 20 ml oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large carrot
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 kg raw ground lamb or 800 g chopped cooked meat
- 60 ml tomato paste
- 12 g plain flour
- 250 ml chicken stock (or 1 cup of water with 1 chicken stock cube)
- 40 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 g of tin crushed tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 128 g fresh peas or 128 g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat oil in a large heavy based pan or saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes, or until vegetables have softened.
- Increase heat to high and add mince. Cook, stirring until meat has browned and most of the liquid from the meat has evaporated.
- Over medium heat, add tomato paste and flour to meat mixture and cook for one minute.
- Add stock, Worcestershire sauce, crushed tomatoes and salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Preheat oven to 210°C ( 190°C fan forced).
- Stir parsley into meat mixture and pour into an oven dish.
- Top filling with mashed potato, use a fork to create peaks in the potato and sprinkle with cheese.
- If the dish you are using is quite full, sit it on a baking tray when you put it in the oven in case any of the sauce overflows. Bake pie for about 20 minutes, or until sauce is bubbling and the cheese is a golden brown.
- Let it cool for a little while and then….