Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was 8.5 months pregnant and nesting, cooking up a storm to put in my freezer, so I made shepherd's pie, easy. It turned out to be really good, my husband gets me to freeze it so he can make it too. Be warned everything I do is in my head so measurements are guesstimates. ENJOY
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn
- 2 -3 medium potatoes
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 small diced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix (don't put it away )
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (don't put it away )
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- In large pan brown beef, onion and garlic.
- When browned add all your seasoning (to taste, season is just thrown in), water and flour. Simmer for 15 min until gravy like consistency.
- Boil potato, drain and mash with butter and milk.
- In dish put layer of corn, and beef pack down, add potato pack down, season top with Mrs. Dash and seasoning salt.
- Cook in oven for 15 to 20 minutes until a light golden color.
Could, also, be said...Land of the Free and Home of the Shepherd's Pie. A classic.