Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
A delicious family recipe passed down from my mom, its always an easy meal to make and a family favorite! I have also made this after thanks giving with the left over turkey, just pull it apart and use instead of ground meat! You can also make ahead and freeze until you need to bake it.
- 6 -8 large potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb ground turkey or 1 lb ground chicken
- 8 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables (I prefer just corn, but use what you like)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- garlic (to taste)
- 1 dash salt
- 3⁄4 cup pizza cheese (shredded)
- Brown meat in a frying pan with garlic.
- Drain meat and potatoes.
- Layer meat and veggies in bottom of 9x13 pan.
- Pour can of cream of mushroom soup on top of meat and veggie mixture. Stir together until mixed well.
- Sprinkle a light layer of shredded cheese on top of meat and veggie mixture.
- Peel, cut and boil potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place back into the pot.
- Mash with butter, ranch dressing, milk and season with garlic and salt to taste.
- Mash until smooth and creamy.
- Layer potatoes on top of meat mixture and sprinkle shredded cheese on top of potatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This was GREAT! I used ground venison seasoned with bacon and onions and it came out wonderful. Thanks for the recipe.
I made this for the family for sunday dinner and they all loved it!i will make it again but i will tweak it just a bit i think with some sour cream,but its a great recipe all on its own.