Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Once again, I was *winging it* in the kitchen and under pressure to pull a rabbit out of my hat for dinner. We really love this dish! It's a great way to use left over corn & spuds!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (11 ounce) can Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix, dry, low sodium if available, I often use 1/2 envelope
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups frozen corn, do not defrost
- 2 -3 cups frozen tater tots, substitute mashed potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Brown ground beef until no longer pink, drain and return to the skillet.
- Combine: 1 11 oz. can tomato soup, tomato sauce, 1/2 can water, one package onion mushroom soup mix. Simmer along with the ground beef for about 5 minutes until well blended.
- In an 8x8 casserole dish: Spray with nonstick spray then start layering: (bottom to top).
- Meat mixture, thick layer frozen corn and top with frozen tater tots or a thick layer mashed potatoes (brushed with butter if desired).
- Bake at 350° covered for 20 minutes, uncover and continue to bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly.
- -Use as many frozen veggies (peas & carrots, corn) as you like, I prefer corn.
- -If using tater tots, bake until browned.
- -Recipe can easily be doubled.