Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Pinching Your Pennies.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 -3 cups diced leftover beef
- 2 cups gravy, leftover canned or 2 cups gravy, prepared from a mix
- 1⁄2 cup frozen carrots, cooked
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked (or use a bag of mixed peas and carrots)
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 cups leftover mashed potatoes or 2 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add the diced beef, gravy, carrots, and peas.
- Heat through and salt and pepper to taste. Pour into a casserole dish.
- Beat the egg into the potatoes and spoon over the meat and vegetables.
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes until bubbly.