Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The really is a great pie from my Weight Watchers cookbook - states it is 6 1/2 points, I normally serve it with some steamed greens
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 500 g extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 300 g sweet potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 20 g reduced-fat butter
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Coat a large pan with cooking spray and heat.
- Cook the onion and carrot until soft.
- Add the mince and brown.
- Stir through the garlic and flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, stock and parsley.
- Cook for 20 minutes and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile microwave or steam the sweet potato and potatoes until tender.
- Mash the cooked sweet potato and potatoes with a masher, adding the milk and butter.
- Spoon the meat mixture into a casserole dish.
- Spread the mashed sweet potato and potato on top.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and golden on top.