Recipe by CheesyGal
This recipe is from Kraft Food and Family. Sounds great! It is also a healthier choice according to the magazine.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, such as broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover potatoes and garlic with water in large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil on high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minute or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain; return to saucepan with sour cream.
- Mash to desired consistency.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Brown meat in large nonstick skillet.
- Stir in flour; cook 1 minute
- Add vegetables, broth, and ketchup; continue cooking 5 minute.
- Spoon meat mixture into 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cover with mashed potatoes.
- Bake 18 min.; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake an additional 2 minute or until heated through and cheese is melted.