Recipe by Raspberry Cordial
Here's a simple shepherd's pie using ingredients from your pantry and freezer. Rosemary gives this casserole it's earthy comfort. Adapted from recipe found on the web (somewhere!).
- 7 medium potatoes, your choice for mashing
- 500 g lean ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium beef bouillon powder
- 1 teaspoon low-sodium instant chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning (I use Hy's)
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook potatoes. Drain and mash with a little butter, milk, salt and minced garlic to taste. Set aside.
- Brown 500g ground beef in fry pan, then add all other ingredients except potatoes.
- Cook over medium heat till most of the water has evaporated.
- Pile ground beef mixture into greased casserole and top with mashed potatoes. Bake uncovered at 350F for 20-30 minute.