Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quick and Easy Shepherd's Pie Can be easily doubled and served in a 9x13
- 1 lb ground chuck (or regular ground beef, ground turkey or whatever's on sale)
- 1⁄4 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 6 medium potatoes, boiled and mashed, add
- salt, and
- butter, as usual
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 3⁄4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- left over mixed vegetables, like green beans, peas, corn etc. (optional)
- Brown ground chuck with chopped onions and drain, then set skillet aside while finishing the next steps.
- In two separate pots cook carrots and prepare mashed potatoes if not already done.
- Prepare gravy per package directions and add to ground beef, along with carrots and mushrooms (and any additional veggies). Cover and simmer on medium heat for a few minutes until thickened.
- Place beef mixture into a medium sized casserole dish and cover with mashed potatoes.
- Drag a fork over the top of potatoes and sprinkle with the amount of cheese desired.
- Place in 350-degree oven just long enough to melt the cheese. YUM!
This was simple and very good. All of my picky eaters cleaned their plates with no complaints! I only had one carrot on hand so I added some celery into the mix as well. Thanks for posting!