Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I've tried a lot of different Shepherd's pies and this is by far my family's favorite.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 8 ounces frozen corn
- 8 ounces frozen peas
- 8 -10 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chives (optional)
- Prepare mashed potatoes per package instructions.
- Add optional chives, and salt & pepper to taste; set aside.
- Brown ground beef with chopped onions; drain.
- To ground beef, add minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, A1 sauce and ketchup.
- Mix and cook for about 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put ground beef mixture in the bottom of a 9x13” dish.
- Spread evenly and pat down firmly.
- Layer frozen corn over ground beef, then frozen peas over the corn.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spread the mashed potatoes over the peas.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.