Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A real meat and potatos dish the whole family will Love.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup grated monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) jarheinz beef gravy or 1 (12 ounce) jar mushroom gravy
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves
- Brown ground beef with the diced onion, drain,and cover the bottom of a 2.75 quart caserole.
- Sautee mushrooms with pressed garlic and 1 tablespoons butter.
- Combine mushrooms,vegitables,and gravy and heat to a boil, stiring constantly. Pour gravy mixture over ground beef and spread evenly.
- Spread 1/2 cup pepper jack cheece over gravy mixture and cover with the mashed potatoes. "Hopefully fresh, not instant".
- Sprinkle the last of the pepper jack cheese over the potatoes then the crumbled cheddar.
- Dot the top with the rest of the butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.