Recipe by Mainely Debbie
This is definitely comfort food. I use a lot of mashed potatoes because that is the way my family likes it. Be sure to put the casserole dish on a cookie sheet when putting it in the oven to catch the drippings from going all over your oven. Prep time is approximate which includes frying the beef and making the mashed potatoes. I cheat and use Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes. You could make 2 small casseroles and freeze one before baking, when ready to cook frozen casserole make sure to thaw it out completely, it comes out great.
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs ground beef
- 2 (12 ounce) cans beef gravy
- 4 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn (not creamed corn)
- 8 cups mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the ground beef in frying pan and then drain out the grease. Put in bottom layer of a 4 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Add the gravy to the ground beef, you want the meat to just be moist and not dripping in gravy so add a little at a time you may end up using 1 1/2 cans of gravy mix well. When the casserole cooks the gravy will liquify.
- Layer the corn on top of the beef evenly.
- Put mashed potatoes on top of that and distribute evenly over the top. Put pats of butter on the top along with salt and pepper.
- You can sprinkle some parmasean cheese on the top if you wish.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for approximately 40 minutes until gravy bubbles around the edge.
- Let rest about 15 minutes before eating.