Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
I'd never had this until I met my fiance. It's simple, cheap, and lets you get creative. It's also SUPER YUMMY!!! Great for left overs!
- Brown ground beef.
- Add onion, garlic, frozen corn, barbeque sauce or steak sauces, and any seasonings you like to the ground beef and continue cooking on low until all is warmed.
- cook and mash potatoes, adding the olive oil, milk, and miracle whip (or cream cheese if you like).
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into a large casserole dish and cover with mashed potatoes.
- This recipe usually makes enough for 2 casserole dishes.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the top.
- Put in warm oven and cook at 350 for approximately 30-45 minutes, until cheese is browned.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and enjoy.
Made for Fall 09 PAC Premie Adoption. I made this almost exactly per the recipe, changes were I added 1 1/2 tsp Beef Boullion crystals to the meat mixture :used Jack Daniels Original BBQ sauceand added one small can of Ortega chopped chilis; rather than mashing fresh potatoes I had some leftover mashed potatoes from night before, added cream cheese rather than Miracle Whip (don't care for it myself). I also reduced this down to 1 casserole instead of 2 since I am out of room in my freezer, but when I make it again later will certainly make two. This was absolutely delicious and the answer to my quest to find a Shephards Pie recipe I would keep. Thank You Alcomene for a really spectular way to use up all the leftover mashed potatoes I always wind up having in this house of one.