Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Heat the oil n a large frypan and add the onion and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion and carrot are softened.
- Add the meat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, seasoning, and most of the stock.
- Blend the cornflour with a little cold water, stir in the remaining stock then add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened.
- Transfer the mixture to a warmed pie dish.
- Mash the potatoes with half the butter and season well.
- Cover the meat well with the mashed potatoes and mark furrows with a fork.
- Dot small pieces of the remaining butter over the top and bake in an oven, preheated to 400 for about 15 minutes or until the top is brown
Be sure to put extra pepper in the mash and in the meat mixture!! Seasoned properly, this is a simple tasty dish that kids and spouse will appreciate.
This was really good. I think I'd add a bit more butter when mashing the potato next time. I also think the meat might have been great with a little chilli. Very very good the way it is, but I think I'd do one or both of the above next time I make it. Thanks for sharing!
It was really good but I thought it was going to be a lot better than that.