Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Heat the oil n a large frypan and add the onion and carrot. Cook for 3 minutes or until onion and carrot are softened.
- Add the meat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the herbs, seasoning, and most of the stock.
- Blend the cornflour with a little cold water, stir in the remaining stock then add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until thickened.
- Transfer the mixture to a warmed pie dish.
- Mash the potatoes with half the butter and season well.
- Cover the meat well with the mashed potatoes and mark furrows with a fork.
- Dot small pieces of the remaining butter over the top and bake in an oven, preheated to 400 for about 15 minutes or until the top is brown