Authentic British recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 lb ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup low sodium beef broth or 1/4 cup homemade beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Angostura low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon tomato paste
- fresh ground pepper
- 3/4 lb russet potato, peeled and cut into equal size pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/8 cup skim milk
- 1 ounce egg substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen baby peas
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C), Gas Mark 7.
- 2Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- 3Add the onions, and sauté until they wilt.
- 4Add the meat and cook, separating with a wooden spoon until meat has turned brown.
- 5Strain the beef mixture of all fat and liquid.
- 6Return to the skillet.
- 7Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, and pepper.
- 8Set aside.
- 9Boil the potatoes with the garlic in lightly salted water until done.
- 10Drain the potatoes and remove the garlic.
- 11Mash the potatoes with the milk and egg substitute.
- 12Season to taste.
- 13Place the meat mixture in the bottom of oven-proof casserole.
- 14Top with peas and then spread with mashed potatoes.
- 15Coat with cooking spray.
- 16Bake for 17 to 23 minutes until heated through and top is nicely browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd's Pie
Serving Size: 1 (309 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.1
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 130.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 28.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Angostura low-sodium worcestershire sauce