Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A little different, I can't remember where I got the recipe.
Make and share this Shepherd's Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1 lb ground round
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cook meet in a large skillet over medium heat until browned.
- Return meat to pan.
- Add salt, pepper, onion, celery, carrol,fennel seed and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add salsa, simmer 10 minutes.
- Spoon into 8" square pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
I love shepherd's pie and this is a great recipe, but somewhat different than the traditional recipe. It was slightly spicey and it was quite good.