Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 5 large potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 dash milk or 1 dash whipping cream
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 6 sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef gravy
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas and carrots
- Cook potatoes in enough salted water to cover them. Drain, cool and peel. Mash in large bowl with butter, milk and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sauté beef until browned, stirring to keep meat crumbly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley, tomato paste, Worcestershire and gravy. Stir to mix. Add peas and cook about 5 minutes. Turn mixture into casserole.
- Spread potatoes evenly over meat.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes until top is crispy brown.
This is the best Shepard's Pie I have had in a long time. I cut the prep time by using instant potatoes, and it still made it about a 55 minute Cook time, start to finish with prep included. My kids love it and it will become a new staple in the house. Thanks!
A very yummy weeknight meal! Definitely the perfect comfort food for my family. Will be making this again!