Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the first recipe my Mother taught me to make when I was 14, and have been making it ever since, it is great comfort food. Serve with English peas.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 6 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 tablespoon dry gravy mix
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet heat the oil on med/high and saute the onions until soft, then add the ground beef and cook until no longer pink.Add the rosemary, catsup, pork and beans, Worcestershire sauce , gravy powder, water and pepper to taste.Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and top with mash potato and shredded cheese.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.