Recipe by Shannon68
Quick, Easy, and delicious. My girlfriend taught me this recipe years ago and my kids always ask for it when they come to visit with me and my boyfriend.
Top Review by luveyduvey21
Shannon thank you so much for this recipe. This is delicious!!! I have never been one that has really been fond of shepards pie but I saw this recipe and just had to try it. I am so glad I did. It is awesome!! I have made this so many times now. Everyone loves it. I now know the recipe by heart :)
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb ground venison
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (7 ounce) cans mushroom pieces
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 medium russet potatoes or 8 medium yukon gold potatoes, steamed and mashed
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and Cut Potatoes.
- Steam until Tender.
- Mash with Milk and Butter.
- In separate pan, Brown Meat and Drain off fat.
- Add onion soup mix and mushroom soup.
- Spoon into 2-Quart casserole dish.
- Spread evenly and top with Mushrooms.
- Top with Mashed Potatoes and then add Cheese to top.
- Spread Cheese and put into 350 Degree oven for 30 Minutes.
- Goes well with Garlic Green Beans.