Recipe by CoffeeB
Found this in an old old cook-book of my mom's. Looks like it was clipped from a local newspaper.
Top Review by newtocookingm&m
Perfect. I was nervous, spaghetti sauce and mashed potatoes sounded strange but it was great! My husband was so happy and the kids loved the crust! The only change I did was only 1 lbs of hamburger instead of 2 and added onion before browning the hamburger. We will make again such an easy/cheap staple next time we will half the recipe and put in an 8x8 until our kids are out of the preschool age and have a bigger apatite. It was nice that I already had left over spaghetti sauce from making spaghetti 5 days earlier.
- 2 (16 ounce) containers crescent rolls
- 2 lbs hamburger
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 6 -8 slices cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 4 cups mashed potatoes
- paprika or parsley flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten rolls and arrange in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Brown meat, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Put in layer over pastry crust.
- Spread with spaghetti sauce.
- Arrange cheese over meat layer, then a layer of corn.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley or paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until bottom crust is done.