Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in an old old cook-book of my mom's. Looks like it was clipped from a local newspaper.
Make and share this Shepherd's Hamburger Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Flatten rolls and arrange in bottom of 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Brown meat, season with salt and pepper.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Put in layer over pastry crust.
- Spread with spaghetti sauce.
- Arrange cheese over meat layer, then a layer of corn.
- Spread mashed potatoes on top.
- Sprinkle with parsley or paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 minutes, or until bottom crust is done.
Perfect. I was nervous, spaghetti sauce and mashed potatoes sounded strange but it was great! My husband was so happy and the kids loved the crust! The only change I did was only 1 lbs of hamburger instead of 2 and added onion before browning the hamburger. We will make again such an easy/cheap staple next time we will half the recipe and put in an 8x8 until our kids are out of the preschool age and have a bigger apatite. It was nice that I already had left over spaghetti sauce from making spaghetti 5 days earlier.
Wonderful recipe of shepherd's pie. It's great with the crescent dough under. And the addition of spaghetti sauce is great. I used homemade spaghetti sauce. For the cheese, I used cheddar (grated). Thanks CoffeeB :) Made for Zaar Star Game
This was excellent! My wife isn't a big shephard's pie fan but she enjoyed this. It will be added to our recipebook