Recipe by david patrick
My shepherd's grill is a variant of the common shepherd's grill, except it has the mashed potatoes on the side as if a mortar. The topped light bread offers, a non drying top layer, since it is really french toast. Anyone, especially beginners or kids, can learn to make it because it''s hard to mess up beans, rice, and noodles, which taste great together as a melting of flavors. And the polish sausage mixes well with the egg taste of the foundation of french toast. If it seems too hearty and only for an active-working shepherd. Think of the health benefits as weight control, with the olive oil, and the exclusion of the meat, or cheese. Use only the egg whites. Really, is less of a processed food with all the preservatives. I have came up with the receipe of shepard's grill by trial, taste, and error.
- 2 pieces bread, preferable dark high grain
- black beans or baked beans
- egg noodles
- 1 large egg
- olive oil
- potatoes, mashed with margarine or chives
- parmesan cheese (for rice mixture)
- Polish sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare each beans, rice, egg noodles, likewise potatoes to be mashed with margarine and chives; and polish sausage fried and well browned.
- Prep will tie up 4 burners.
- Preheat flat iron grill/skillet.
- Next coat hot skillet with oil (for easy non-stick clean up).
- Prepare egg noodles in chicken stock.
- Prepare two slices of bread, make same as french toast with scrambled egg, soak each side of bread in egg; lay to side to have ready, have in mind to use one bread for bottom and one to top of this grill with the egg, only browns at 350 degrees and does not dry out.
- Now, assemble before preheated oven.
- Build the shepherd's grill by placing first piece of french toast on iron skillet or grill.
- Dob mashed potatoes-on iron grill/skillet, then, around the bread, squaring, building up on edge make "volcano" with hole.
- Polish sausage is first layer covering egg soaked bread piece.
- Afterwards, begin to spoon in prepared items in the volcano-rice (cheese) mix, baked beans,egg noodles.
- Use salt/pepper, olive oil to liking.
- Top with bread having in mind to build the shepherd's grill by smoothing up the sides, then making a mortar of the mashed potatoes between the bread.
- Heat in oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cut on diagonal.