Recipe by BrendaM
Very easy and quick supper.
Top Review by Domestic Goddess
I have made this twice already, and my husband really likes this casserole. The first time I made this, (back in March) I ended up using 2 packets of Roasted Garlic Instant Mashed Potatoes, from a (7.6 oz.) box, or there wouldn't of been enough potatoes for this recipe. (This made exactly 4 cups of instant mashed potatoes.) And because I used 2 packets of the instant potatoes, this actually made 5-6 servings (instead of just 4 servings). The 2nd time I made this, I used 1-(16 oz.) can of Hunt's Manwich BOLD Sloppy Joe Sauce, plus I used one (7.6 oz.) box of the Butter & Herb Instant Mashed Potatoes (which I purchased from Aldi's Grocery Store). When adding green beans to the dish, I used the French Style Green Beans, (that's what I had on hand) but I did not add them to the meat/bbq sauce, but rather placed them ontop of the meat mixture in the casserole dish. The next time I make this, I'm going to use canned corn in place of the green beans. It's just a preference, plus I think corn would go better with this dish. I also topped the casserole with a 3/4 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, instead of just a 1/2 cup. Again as a reminder, be sure to bake this casserole uncovered for exactly 20 minutes. One more thing, I think one could also use the cheddar flavored instant mashed potatoes ontop of this casserole. It's just a thought! Once again, thank you Brenda for the recipe! It was good!!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 can hunt manwich sloppy joe sandwich sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups seasoned mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion until meat loses redness.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in green beans, Hunt's sauce and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Pour in shallow 10" x 6" x 2" casserole.
- Spread mashed potatoes over meat mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.