Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
The veggie version of Shepherd's Pie. Very simple and delicious.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) candrained kidney beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) candrained black beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can creamed corn
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 (14 ounce) can mixed vegetables
- 2 cups prepared mashed potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, if desired
- In a casserole dish, mix the beans, corn, salsa, veggies and garlic powder.
- Top with mashed potatoes and sprinkle with cheese if using.
- Bake in oven at 350°F about 30 minutes or until hot.
This was so easy and tasted fabulous. I used chick peas instead of the kidney beans and increased the potatoes and cheese. The creamed corn and salsa made a nice sauce. Even the leftovers were eaten, a rarity in my house.
This has to be the fastest meal I've ever made! And it tastes gooood!! I used regular corn instead of creamed corn and no cheese. I can't compare it to 'real' Shepard's Pie because I've never had it but this is fantastic for a weekday when you're in a hurry to get dinner cooked. I'm looking forward to making it often, maybe adding some different spices for variety.
My DH, a meat and potato man if there ever was one, ate a huge helping and never once asked about the meat! A great score for our house. Thanks.