- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 -2 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Microwave the potatoes on high for about 20 minutes or bake in the oven for an hour on 350°F.
- Meanwhile, cook the mince and the onion together in a frying pan for approx 10 minutes until the onions are golden (you don’t need oil or butter, there should be enough fat from the beef).
- Add the Worcestershire, beef stock, tomato paste.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half, scoop out flesh into a bowl, leaving a thin layer.
- To the flesh in the bowl you salt, pepper, nutmeg, milk and butter, mash it together.
- Preheat grill/broiler.
- Put the potato skins in a shallow roasting tin, spoon in the meat mixture, then the potato mash and top with cheese.
- Grill until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot.