1/1 Photo of Shepherd’s Pie Jackets
1 hr 15 mins
A nice variation on a classic British recipe. Serve with steamed green vegetables.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Microwave the potatoes on high for about 20 minutes or bake in the oven for an hour on 350°F.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the mince and the onion together in a frying pan for approx 10 minutes until the onions are golden (you don’t need oil or butter, there should be enough fat from the beef).
- 3Add the Worcestershire, beef stock, tomato paste.
- 4Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- 5When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half, scoop out flesh into a bowl, leaving a thin layer.
- 6To the flesh in the bowl you salt, pepper, nutmeg, milk and butter, mash it together.
- 7Preheat grill/broiler.
- 8Put the potato skins in a shallow roasting tin, spoon in the meat mixture, then the potato mash and top with cheese.
- 9Grill until the cheese has melted and the filling is hot.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd’s Pie Jackets
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 504.6
- Calories from Fat 249
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.4 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 31.8 g