1/1 Photo of Shepherd’s Pie (Helena's Style Shepherd’s Pie )
Helena Dragonfly Teeter's Note:
This is a savory smooth recipe for those that don't like too many interrupting textures. Prepare to be amazed at my original recipe that will for sure become a family favorite. Tips: When handling onions be sure to pop in a piece of gum to keep eyes from watering.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup organic baby carrots
- 4 -5 medium organic yellow potatoes
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 fresh garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 lb organic ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2• Pre-heat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- 3• Boil potatoes and carrots for mashing ( soften ).
- 4• Sauté onion in oil for 1 ½ minutes.
- 5• Add black pepper and thyme.
- 6• Add meat and cook until browned/ drain meat.
- 7• Add tomato paste and flour/let simmer.
- 8• Add chicken stock.
- 9• Strain potatoes and carrots. Add butter, seasoning salt, garlic and milk into mixing bowl until creamy.
- 10• Oil the bottom of a 13X9 glass dish, add meat sauce and spread potato/carrot mixture.
- 11• Sprinkle on desired amount of cheese.
- 12• Bake 20 minutes or until browned on top.
- 13This is a savory smooth recipe for those that don't like too many interrupting textures. Prepare to be amazed at my original recipe that will for sure become a family favorite.
- 14Tips: When handling onions be sure to pop in a piece of gum to keep eyes from watering.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shepherd’s Pie (Helena's Style Shepherd’s Pie )
Serving Size: 1 (294 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 452.9
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.0 mg
- Sodium 283.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 8.0 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: