Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Good comfort food.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 jar heinz homestyle beef gravy
- 1 cup sliced cooked carrot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 1⁄2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup grated American cheese
- salt & pepper
- Saute ground beef, sliced celery, chopped onion in shortening.
- Drain excess fat.
- Season with salt and pepper; stir in 1 jar Heinz Homestyle Gravy, sliced cooked carrots and thyme leaves.
- Pour into baking dish, 8"x8"x2".
- Spoon hot mashed potatoes around edge of dish, sprinkle with grated American cheese.
- Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.