Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Homemade shepards pie made with my mother since I was young. Serves up to 5.
- 8 red potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 (10 ounce) cans vegetable beef soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- cook ground beef while boiling patatoes.
- boil til soft and mash mixing with butter and milk.
- when finished with ground beef put in non greased 9x7 pan.
- layer on top of ground beef both cans of soup, and then corn,then mix cheese in with potatoes and layer on top.
- bake in oven 375 for 45 minute.
Made this pie as part of my one-time contribution to a local group that helps feed the homeless! Easy to make & I was very happy with the results! Thanks fo sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this fall's round of Pick A Chef]