Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 hrs
I don't know Shep Ogden is but he makes some neat little pickles. Cooking time is chill time.
Make and share this Shep Ogden's Little Pickles recipe from Food.com.
- 20 small cucumbers (tiny)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, minced
- Rinse cucumbers and place in a quart jar.
- In a saucepan bring water, vinegar, salt & sugar to a roiling boil.
- Add garlic and tarragon and boil one minute.
- Pour over cucumbers.
- Chill at least 12 hours. This is best if it ages a bit.
VERY easy to make - and fast! I made as directed with the exception of the garlic - I didn't have any cloves so I used minced in their place. Will update this on taste tomorrow once I eat one, but the smell was delicious - eagerly awaiting!!! **Update - these are nice, quick pickles with great flavor! Thanks for a terrific recipe Nyte!