Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Virginia is apple country! When the apples are in season this fall, you must try this sensational recipe! Hope you enjoy it!
- 3 teaspoons sugar, for coating the tube or bundt pan
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups chopped tart apples (Rome, York or McIntosh)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease pan and shake sugar in it until the sides and bottom are well coated.
- Combine oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Slowly add flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Add the apples and nuts.
- Pour batter into pan and bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- **Note: You may notice that this batter will be quite thick.
This is DELICIOUS!!! I love all things apple and this was great. I served it with whipped cream and/or vanilla ice cream. It was a hit. I used chopped pecans as the nuts and what a great flavor. Definitely a great recipe. Thank you for sharing it with us Bev!!!!:)))))
Simply delicious. Another winner from Bev. I love your recipes, they never disappoint. This lovely cake had a great crumb, excellent flavor and amazing texture. So moist and tender. It was quick and easy to make. Made exactly as written and wouldn't change a thing. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely recipe. Made for Whats on the Menu Tag Game.
This cake tastes delicious. The batter is very thick, almost like cookie dough, so I did add a small amount of orange juice to thin the batter just little. I took it to a community function, and there was none to bring home. Luckily, I taste tested a small slice before I took it. Thanks, Bev.