Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from www.tastycooking.com. Authentic recipe from Bangladesh.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups very fine vermicelli
- 4 cups milk
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 almonds (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a 4 qt pot. Break vermicelli into 3" pieces.
- Over low heat stir vermicelli into butter until it turns light brown.
- Pour in the milk and stir over medium heat until it boils.
- Put in the raisins, almonds and sugar.
- Continue to cook under low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add whipping cream and continue to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove from heat and, when cool, chill in the refrigerator before serving.