Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An adopted recipe from my dear friend Shelly: "From Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything." The beans tend to "pop" during cooking and a few may land on the bottom of your oven." Feel free to change the seasonings, and I have extended the cooking time due to reviews that they weren't Crispy enough.
- Drain can of chickpeas/garbanzos. Rinse and drain very well again.
- Toss drained chickpeas/garbanzos, garlic, oil and seasonings together in bowl.
- Spread mixture onto large shallow pan so that the chickpeas/garbanzos are in a single layer.
- Put into 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes shaking occasionally. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.