An adopted recipe from my dear friend Shelly: "From Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything." The beans tend to "pop" during cooking and a few may land on the bottom of your oven." Feel free to change the seasonings, and I have extended the cooking time due to reviews that they weren't Crispy enough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain can of chickpeas/garbanzos. Rinse and drain very well again.
- 2Toss drained chickpeas/garbanzos, garlic, oil and seasonings together in bowl.
- 3Spread mixture onto large shallow pan so that the chickpeas/garbanzos are in a single layer.
- 4Put into 400 degree oven for 30-45 minutes shaking occasionally. Watch carefully so they don't burn.
- 5Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shelly's Roasted Chickpeas/Garbanzos
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 227.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 339.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 5.7 g