Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe was originally posted by my good friend Shelly. She adopted this recipe, and then I adopted it. I adore snails, but have never made them at home. This looks very similar to the snails I recently ate at a very good seafood restaurant, but I have not tried it. If you try it, review it and I will change as necessary. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Shelly has a glowing complexion. She likes compliments like that. There ya go!
- 1 lb butter
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, Crushed
- 3 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 12 canned anchovy fillets
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon quatre-epices
- 100 canned snails
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 cups white breadcrumbs (Fresh)
- Preparation time 25 minutes.
- Cooking time 8 minutes.
- Make snail butter by working the butter with a mixture of chopped parsley, garlic, shallots and anchovy fillets.
- Season with the salt, pepper and spice, then work through a fine sieve. Place a piece of butter the size of a bean inside each snail shell.
- Add the snail, then close up the shell with some more butter, pressing it down firmly.
- Arrange the snails on a dish and moisten with the wine if liked.
- Sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and bake in a hot oven for 8 minutes.
- Dry white wines: Macon-Vire, Bourgogne-Aligote, Rully, Pouilly-Fuisse.