1/1 Photo of Shelly's Mother's Delightful Salad...and One of Winkki's Loves
8 hrs 20 mins
I adopted this recipe after my friend, Shelly, left the site. She is very proud of this recipe and swears that the shredded cheddar MAKES the salad. Our dear friend, winkki, is also fond of this and claims that it is the only jello salad that she will eat because she remembers her grandmother making it. May jello live on for all of us! Shelly's original comments are: "I make fun of jello molds but this is NOT a jello mold! It is a little weird but my mother makes this every year around the holidays and I love it. Sorry the amounts are kinda vague. Hope they suffice. It's kinda like a big bowl of dreamsicle! (sorta) Cook time includes my minimal chill time. So good! Also, I'm sure you can probably use INSTANT vanilla pudding but my dear mother to this day always uses the kind ya have to cook. Go figure."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (1/3 ounce) boxes orange Jell-O (sugar free is fine)
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 (1 ounce) box vanilla pudding mix (the kind ya have to cook)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (or close to that amount)
- 2 -3 cups miniature marshmallows (how sweet do ya like it?)
- 2 -3 bananas, sliced
- Cool Whip, to cover top of dish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded to cover top of cool whip
- 1Cook 1 box of vanilla pudding according to package directions and allow to cool.
- 2Mix together 2 boxes of orange jello with 1 cup hot water and allow to cool.
- 3Mix together crushed pineapple (don't drain), marshmallows and sliced bananas.
- 4Add pudding and jello mixture and stir well.
- 5Place Cool Whip on Top (to taste).
- 6Place shredded cheddar cheese on top (to taste).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shelly's Mother's Delightful Salad...and One of Winkki's Loves
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.4
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.1 g
- Protein 5.8 g