Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
I adopted this recipe after Shelly left the site. Although she has been under the influence of South Beach, this girl knows good carbs. Shelly's original comments: "This is also from a Frugal Gourmet cookbook. Delicious and simple. Cooking time includes the 2 hours to reconstitute the dried mushrooms."
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms, soaked in water for 2 hours, drained and chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb dry pasta, cooked according to package directions (I like penne or fettucini)
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- Saute mushrooms, onion and garlic in olive oil in large frying pan for a few minutes.
- Add cream, tomato paste and salt and pepper.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Toss with pasta.
- Garnish with parmesan.