Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I adopted this recipe after my friend Shelly departed the site. Shelly's original description: "Crescent rolls, cream cheese, corn chips? Can you say heaven and South Beach be damned? LOL"
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough, separated into 16 triangles
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Mix together cream cheese and milk in large bowl.
- Add green chiles and chicken to cream cheese and milk mixture and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken filling on 8 triangles of crescent roll dough, spreading close to edges.
- Moisten edges of dough with water and put remaining triangles on top.
- Seal edges of dough together using fork.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich with butter.
- Roll sandwiches in corn chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream if desired.
I was really interested in this recipe, both as a meal component and as an after school snack for my son, but it just didn't work for us. The filling tasted "off" some how and no amount of salsa helped.
I'm not sure, but I think I caught DH licking the pan I made these in!! I KNOW he inhaled the ones I put on his plate! These were wonderful and VERY easy. I did sprinkle a little mix of cheese on top when I took them out of the oven and let it melt before serving!!