Recipe by newspapergal
I adopted this recipe after my friend Shelly departed the site. Shelly's original description: "Crescent rolls, cream cheese, corn chips? Can you say heaven and South Beach be damned? LOL"
Top Review by Nonnie4Two
I was really interested in this recipe, both as a meal component and as an after school snack for my son, but it just didn't work for us. The filling tasted "off" some how and no amount of salsa helped.
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages crescent roll dough, separated into 16 triangles
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed corn chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Mix together cream cheese and milk in large bowl.
- Add green chiles and chicken to cream cheese and milk mixture and season to taste with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Put 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken filling on 8 triangles of crescent roll dough, spreading close to edges.
- Moisten edges of dough with water and put remaining triangles on top.
- Seal edges of dough together using fork.
- Brush both sides of each sandwich with butter.
- Roll sandwiches in corn chips.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream if desired.