Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a wonderful hot dip that was served at a family reunion. My cousin who gave it to me, says that she always doubles it. I have made it with bacon bits instead of the shrimp. It was good that way too!!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 cup frozen small shrimp or 1 (8 ounce) can small shrimp
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely mince onions (can be dried onion)
- 1⁄3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Soften cream cheese.
- Mix with undiluted soup.
- Add shrimp (may need to cut up), onion, horseradish, salt & pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread half of the mixture in a buttered deep dish pie plate.
- Sprinkle with almonds and half of the grated cheese.
- Add remaining mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheddar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers.