Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 hrs
We don't have a ton of Shelly's recipes and it is unfortunate because they are so darn good. Just enjoy what we do have!!
- 1 lb graham cracker (whole)
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding
- 3 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
- 2 (1 ounce) packagesmelted chocolate (Hershey's Sweet)
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan. Place a layer of graham crackers on bottom. Mix the pudding mix with milk. Beat on medium speed until well blended well, about 2 minute.
- Fold in the cool whip. Pour 1/2 mixture over the crackers. Cover with more crackers and pour the remainder of the pudding on top of that.
- To make icing: mix all ingredients and spread over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 24 hrs then serve.
OUTSTANDING! Really delicious and easy to make. Everyone loved this one. Thanks, Hill Family. Made for 123 tag.
This has got to be the simplest dessert I've ever made! What makes it even better is that it is so delicious, too. My kids love it. It was especially nice to make when it was near 90 degrees here yesterday and I didn't have to heat up the kitchen. Thanks for sharing!
This is one of those recipes that I read here on RZ, said "mmm that sounds interesting," and kept going. Then all day, graham crackers stayed on my mind. I bought them in the grocery store, and of course, couldn't remember why! I'm glad I found the recipe here again. I made a "lighter" version, with light cool whip, lite margerine, and sugar free pudding. I went easy on the icing -- I melted some Hershey's kisses, and mixed with milk, vanilla, some lite margerine, and about 1 c powdered sugar. I poured it over the cracker-pudding layers, and it kind of soaked in to the top layer of crackers. Then, when I chilled the whole thing, the icing solidified. I was delighted to find how much this tasted like bakery-made eclairs! It was sooo easy. And delish! Thanks to the Hill family for sharing this! (by the way, next time I'll try to do something with sugar free instant chocolate pudding to see if I can make something that is icing-like w/o all the sugar).