This recipe is from my Aunty Shelly, and has proven to be the best and quickest chocolate chip cookie recipe I have found. (and I'm a cookie monster!) I always set the timer for 6 minutes so as not to overcook them. Usually 6 - 7 minutes is enough - this way they end up soft and chewy, not crunchy. I have also added 3/4 cup oatmeal, which adds a nice crunch and is very tasty as well!
- 1 cup butter (softened 2-3 min. at Power Level 2 in microwave) or 1 cup margarine (softened 2-3 min. at Power Level 2 in microwave)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together butter/margarine and both sugars.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. (If mixture is too sticky, add more flour to make into a roll-able consistency.).
- Roll into slightly flattened balls and place onto an ugreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 6-7 minutes.
- Let cookies cool for several minutes before removing onto cookie rack.
I easily halved this recipe and using a Tablespoon got 2 dozen good sized cookies! They're a very soft cookie and taste wonderful! As suggested, I used maybe an extra 1/4 cup of flour so the dough wasn't quite so sticky and I did bake mine a couple extra minutes because I like a more golden looking cookie. Thanks for sharing this super easy recipe, its always fun to eat oatmeal this way! :)