Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great choice for a post off Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) patient. Always check with your doctor first. Find more of Shelly's great recipes and other information on her blog at: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ Notes from Shelly on this recipe from her blog: These are a perfect weight loss surgery friendly appetizer or on-the-go breakfast. They would be especially burger joint-ish served with a Green Salad with Thousand Island Dressing. It's also a very kid friendly meal. They heat up very well. I keep them in the fridge for up to three days. Reheat in the toaster oven or regular oven. They freeze well just defrost in the fridge then heat up. They won't be around that long though trust me.
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup ready-made bruschetta (sauce)
- black pepper (3 twists)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled browned ground beef
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook bacon and crumble. Set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain any fats. Set aside.
- Saute onions till golden.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Set aside to cool.
- Mix all ingredients together. Be sure meat & onions have cooled slightly before adding eggs.
- Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins. Bake for 30 minutes at 350.