Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A vegetarian modified version of a Family Circle recipe.
Make and share this Shells With White Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- shredded cheese (optional)
- Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and dash of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Drain, and return to pot. Add tomato and bean mixture. Top with cheese, if desired.