A vegetarian modified version of a Family Circle recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dash salt
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb medium pasta shell
- shredded cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and celery to skillet and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 3Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Stir in tomatoes and beans, oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and dash of salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered for 12 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook pasta following package directions. Drain, and return to pot. Add tomato and bean mixture. Top with cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shells With White Beans
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 407.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 18.8 g