Recipe by mandagirl
I got this recipe from a box of Ronzoni past. I usually use hot Italian sausage.
- 1 (16 ounce) package medium pasta shells
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bulk sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup white wine (I use chicken broth)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta as directed on package and drain.
- Toss with 2 T. of the olive oil and set aside.
- Cook and stir sausage until well cooked and drain fat.
- Stir in wine (or broth) and cook 10 minutes.
- Remove mixture from skillet and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet along with onion and peppers.
- Cook and stir until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Add garlic and cook 30 seconds.
- Add cooked sausage and parsley and heat through.
- Add with cheese and salt to pasta in a large bowl.
- Toss and serve.