Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A yummy pasta side dish or vegetarian meal option.
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sliced leeks (green onions) or 1 cup scallion (green onions)
- 1 cup canned vegetable broth or 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen baby peas
- 1 lb pasta shells
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Trim mushrooms and thickly slice (makes about 6 cups); set aside.
- In a large pot, bring 6 quarts of salted water to a boil. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add leeks and prepared mushrooms; cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes, salt and pepper; cook and stir, uncovered, until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes; stir in peas during the last 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in the boiling water according to package directions until al dente. Transfer hot pasta to a large serving bowl; add mushroom and pea mixture and the cheese; toss until pasta is coated.