Recipe by Jessie MacMillan
Shells posted this recipe at FibroTalk; the missing amount for extra virgin olive oil is 1 tablespoon (I couldn't get it to display when I entered the recipe).
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This is quite easy to throw together and makes a very healthy and filling supper. The only thing I did not like was I felt it definitely needed more lettuce, as written is more like chicken with a little lettuce. This is a simple change, so will definitely make again in the future.
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 lime, juice of
- 800 g chicken tenderloins or 800 g skinless chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas (mange-tout)
- 1 cup rocket (arugula)
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix mustard, garlic, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Add chicken, coat thoroughly, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before chicken is ready to come out of the refrigerator, prepare snow peas, arugula, tomatoes, avocado, basil, and onion. Place in a large salad bowl.
- Grill chicken, remove from heat, and let rest for 5 minutes.
- While chicken is resting, add oil and balsamic vinegar to salad bowl and gently toss.
- Arrange salad on serving plates, then top with chicken and serve immediately.