Shells and Peas (Poor Man's Pasta Sauce)
- Bring a stick pot of heavily salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente; about 6-mins.
- In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic slices, stirring constantly so they don't burn. Once a light-golden brown, spoon out garlic and set aside.
- Slowly, add tomato sauce to pan, taking care not to splatter yourself with the popping hot oil. Add, peas with their liquid, herbs and salt and pepper to taste; stirring occasionally. Cook for about 6-mins.
- Once pasta is cooked to perfection, scoop out of water and transfer directly into sauce. Fold pasta into sauce. Remove from heat. Fold in about half the cheese.
- Garnish with additional cheese.