the mix'n vix'n's Note:
This is a family favorite going way back. It's quick, cheap to make and absolutely delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a stick pot of heavily salted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook until al dente; about 6-mins.
- 2In the meantime, heat oil in large skillet. Add garlic slices, stirring constantly so they don't burn. Once a light-golden brown, spoon out garlic and set aside.
- 3Slowly, add tomato sauce to pan, taking care not to splatter yourself with the popping hot oil. Add, peas with their liquid, herbs and salt and pepper to taste; stirring occasionally. Cook for about 6-mins.
- 4Once pasta is cooked to perfection, scoop out of water and transfer directly into sauce. Fold pasta into sauce. Remove from heat. Fold in about half the cheese.
- 5Garnish with additional cheese.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shells and Peas (Poor Man's Pasta Sauce)
Serving Size: 1 (207 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.1
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 7.3 mg
- Sodium 481.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g