Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Josh likes his tomatos and ground chuck with rotini pasta, Jen likes hers mixed with Velveeta Shells & Cheese. This one is for Jen, her favorite stove-top casserole.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 packages velveeta macaroni shells and cheese, prepared per package directions
- 1 1⁄2 packages Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Brown ground chuck in a large dutch oven.
- Drain any grease and add the crushed tomatoes, Onion Soup mix and water.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add Velveeta Shells and cheese, mix well and serve with hot rolls.
I gave this recipe 2 stars. My hubby and I had this for dinner tonight. It just seemed to be lacking something. I did after tasting it add the remaining onion soup from the half package, plus I added some pepper. Still was missing something. Overall I don't think we will try this again. Thanks for posting! Christine
This recipe is very quick to make on a busy weeknight. That's what I was looking for and it did not disappoint. I think I would prefer this without the onion soup mix; to me it overwhelmed the cheesy flavor of the macaroni. Thanks for sharing!